Jog / run (2 – 5 minutes) – depending on fitness level.
- Using the push-up bar or platforms form the outside of the Ex-Bench.
- Push up with knees and toes or just toes on the ground.
- (12 – 15 repeats).
- Sit on the edge of the lower platform and face outwards.
- Raise your hands and arms.
- Hold onto the bar with hands behind the bar facing away from you.
- Hold your core, extend legs out front, and lift your bottom off the platform.
- Squats or jump squats (1 – 2 mins).
- Feet hip-width apart, bottom out, keep chest and head up.
- Lower as far as you can with heels remaining on floor.
- May add a small jump in between.
- (15 repeats).
- Use lower or higher Ex-bench (1 – 2 mins) – alternate legs.
- Stand in an upright postured position with core engaged.
- Step up onto platform with one foot and with other leg, raise the knee high above the hip.
- Maintain control and balance, and return the non-weight bearing foot back down to the ground, followed by the other.
- 12 repeats (6 on each leg).
- With upper body straight, shoulders back and chin up (pick a staring point in front).
- Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90° angle. Your front knee should be directly above your ankle, not pushed out too far. Your other knee shouldn’t touch the floor. Keep the weight in your heels as you push back to starting position.
- Follow with reverse lunges.
- Hold onto D grip or pole. Bend your leg and raise the knee up to waist high 10 – 12 times.
- Then keeping outside leg straight, lift it sideways 10 – 12 times.
- Thirdly, keep your leg straight and lift it backwards 10 – 12 times.
- At all times, keep weighted foot firmly on the ground with the knee slightly bent.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- 6 chin-ups
- Reach up to chin-up bar (from outside or platform).
- Hang onto pull-up bar with hands around the back.
- Palms face you.
- Start with slightly bent arms.
- Pull yourself up until your chin passes the bar.
- Lie on back with knees bent, arms over head, palms upward.
- Bring one knee towards centre of chest.
- Lift buttocks off bench, keeping knee to chest.
- Lower and repeat with other leg (10 times each leg).
- Lie on back with knees bent, and hands clasped behind head.
- Raise left shoulder up to a raised right knee. Twist until they touch.
- Lower and repeat with right shoulder and left knee (10 times each side).
- Lie on your side, forearm supporting upper body.
- Knees should be bent to 45 degrees.
- Place free hand on hip.
- Keep knee and lower leg on bench and raise hip.
- Lower and repeat.
- Repeat on other side (10 times on each side).
- Sit on side of top platform with feet hip-width apart on ground.
- Hands beside legs.
- Lift both feet and bottom off the bench and hold.
- Hold onto the end of the top platform or relevant bar with body stretched out behind.
- Raise one arm to place elbow against opposite raised knee.
- Or use hand to touch opposite raised foot.
- Complete 10 – 12 repeats.
- Hold onto a vertical pole or D-grip, bend your leg backwards, bringing your heel up to your bottom.
- Keep back straight and knees together.
- Start with one foot forward and lunge.
- Keep back knee straight and back heel on ground.
- Hold for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Then bend back knee and keep heel on ground.
- Hold onto the Ex-Bench for support.
- Stand up straight and place your right ankle just above your left knee.
- Slowly push your hips back into the start of a sitting position.
- Bend your left knee until you feel a stretch towards the side and back of your right hip and gluteal area.
- Hold, then switch sides.
- Place heel on lower platform in front of you.
- Lean forward from hips, keep knees and back straight.
- Use the bars for support if needed.
- Beside Ex-Bench.
- Place bent arm behind neck.
- Gently pull on elbow with opposite hand until stretch is felt in back of arm.
- Place slightly bent arm in front of chest.
- Gently push on elbow with opposite hand until a stretch is felt in shoulder.
- At side of Ex-Bench.
- Stand upright facing the edge of a pole.
- Raise your arm flexed at the elbow and place it on the edge.
- Turn away from your fixed arm until you feel a stretch in your chest.